Author Topic: Bay Ridge Drivers / Speeding Cameras  (Read 2911 times)

OftenCranky

• View Profile
Bay Ridge Drivers / Speeding Cameras
« on: August 15, 2014, 04:58:18 PM »
OK, this is my last topic of the day because even cranky takes a break.  But it is the most serious. People drive on 4th Avenue like maniacs.  They drive on Ridge Boulevard like maniacs.  On Bay Ridge Parkway like maniacs.  You get my drift.  There has been such a marked increase in drivers running lights.  The light turns red and for a solid two seconds cars drive through it.  That basically means there is absolutely no hope for the pedestrian.  At one time, the street crosser was able to anticipate a car, some distance away, stopping at a red light.  Nope.  Over.  It is actually easier for me to cross 4th avenue by going down to the subway on one side of the avenue and emerging on the other side as opposed to crossing the street in the 17 seconds we are given. I have actually been crossing the street at a red light and a car, anticipating my speed of walking, ran the light at about 70mph.  I felt it whoosh past me and had to sit on someone's stoop to lower my heart rate.  I don't want to die on a city street, asleep in my bed will be fine, thank you.  When are the cameras that take photos of drivers running lights getting here?  I heard soon and I hope so because the only thing that is going to stop irresponsible drivers are hefty fines. 

bre

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Bay Ridge Drivers / Speeding Cameras
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2014, 08:00:28 PM »
You're right. We don't need cameras, what we need are cops driving up and down the Avenues in unmarked cars. Of course they're not going to catch someone with a bright white  car with markings all over them that can be seen for miles.

I think the same thing when I'm driving on parkways or highways.  Speeders slow down and those guys who go in and out of lanes stop doing it when they see a patrol cars. Put unmarked cars on the parkways and highways and they would catch someone every few minutes.

Seems like all they want to do is park somewhere with a radar detector and nab them that way. They would get a lot more in unmarked cars but maybe they don't want to.

Dougly

• View Profile
Re: Bay Ridge Drivers / Speeding Cameras
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2014, 11:59:43 PM »
Frogger 3D