Author Topic: Lamps of China  (Read 4399 times)

IKastner

• View Profile
Lamps of China
« on: January 30, 2016, 12:37:02 PM »
Hi -

Does anyone remember the street on Third Avenue that Lamps of China was on??

Also, there was a more modern Chinese restaurant on 4th Avenue between 92nd Street and 91st Street.  It was eventually turned into a Blockbuster (or a different name) video place. I lived in the apartment building above it. I am pretty sure it was NOT the Lamps of China. My husband remembers it as being the Lamps of China.

We decided to try this site to figure it out.

I live in Deerfield Beach, Fl. now.  Thanks, Ilene Kastner

George123

• View Profile
Re: Lamps of China
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2016, 06:07:15 PM »
Does Hawaiian Jade ring a bell to you ???
I've lived in bay ridge all my 64 years and I think that may be it
Let me know... :)

Michael Aylward

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2016, 04:21:34 PM »
The original Lamps of China was on 3rd Ave and around 94th St. Years after it closed, maybe in the late 90s, I vaguely remember a Lamps of China on 4th Ave between 93rd and 94th St.- across from Dunkin' Donuts. It did not last for long. Hawaii Jade was on 4th Ave between 92nd and 91st St.

Dileen

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2016, 09:02:03 AM »
The Lamps Of China was on 3rd Avenue between 93rd and 94th Street.  Today there is a Rite Aid at the same location.  It hard to believe that anyone would open a restaurant that big today.  The times they did change. 

B

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2018, 04:16:15 PM »
First time in this site but I saw my old favorite Chinese restaurant, The Lamps of China,  used to go there often.  It was definitely on Third Avenue between 93rd and 94th. Streets.  On the corner of 93rd. was a bakery, and if I can remember correctly there was a pizzeria on the corner of 94th.  I loved the Lamps of China, you can not get chow mein like that anywhere today.  Today its watery and just awful, everywhere you go.  That place was the best and I still miss it. The whole neighborhoods changed.  Even Mike's deli on that very same block is gone as of this past year.  Another great establishment.